Spay and Neuter in Westfield, IN
Spaying and neutering dogs and cats is an important way to keep them healthy. It’s also the most effective way to reduce stray/feral animal populations and crowding in animal shelters, leading to a healthier, happier community for everyone. At Coyne Veterinary Center in Westfield, we regularly perform spay and neuter surgeries to help pets and their families share a better life together. We want our patients to enjoy long, healthy lives, but we also want to prevent the many euthanasias that take place in shelters every year due to crowding, and increase the number of shelter pets who are able to find loving, lasting homes.
To schedule your pet’s spay or neuter procedure, call (317) 953-9944.
What are the Real Benefits of Spaying and Neutering?
Is being spayed/neutered really worth it for your pet? While the surgery will not change your pet’s personality, it could improve their health and longevity. Here are some of the benefits you might be able to expect:
- Prevents dogs and cats from going into heat
- Reduces risks for mammary gland tumors, ovarian cancer and uterine cancer
- Prevents pyometra, a potentially life-threatening uterine infection
- Can reduce or prevent roaming, vocalizing, and other undesirable behaviors
- Can reduce or prevent aggressiveness
- Reduces or prevents disruptive behaviors, such as roaming, mounting, and spraying urine
- Prevents testicular cancer
- Reduces the risk for prostate cancer